Seguin has become a hub for manufacturing in Texas. More than 50 manufacturers, Fortune 500 companies and corporate headquarters are now based in Seguin and surrounding areas in Guadalupe County, including companies like Continental, Caterpillar and CMC Steel. As a result, you see many large commercial trucks that move freight in and out of Seguin on major routes such as I-10. Unfortunately, the increased presence of these trucks heightens the risk of getting into a serious and potentially deadly collision with one of them.
If you have been involved in a trucking accident, or if you lost a loved one in a tractor-trailer crash, you should seek help right away from Burch Law Firm. We have more than a quarter of a century of experience with handling these complex cases for clients in Seguin and throughout South Central Texas, including:
- $1,210,000 settlement on behalf of a diesel mechanic who suffered leg and foot injuries from a head-on collision
- $716,666.67 settlement on behalf of an 18-wheeler driver who suffered neck injuries in a collision in San Antonio.
Our Seguin truck accident attorneys know how to advocate on behalf of truck accident victims and their families, and we have the resources to stand up for their rights against large trucking companies and their insurers. To discuss how we can help you, call or reach us online today. We will provide an immediate, free consultation.
Why Get Help from a Seguin Truck Accident Lawyer Right Away?
The stakes are high in truck accident cases. These crashes can produce life-changing, permanent injuries that cause extremely high medical bills, including traumatic brain injuries (TBI), spinal injuries, disc injuries, fractures, burns and soft-tissue injuries. Sadly, many crashes cause fatalities as well. Truck accidents can put people in financial ruin and devastate families for years to come.
Trucking companies and their insurance carriers know that a potential personal injury lawsuit or wrongful death claim could mean a huge payout and damage their reputation within the industry. They will go to extreme measures to avoid having to pay a claim. To protect your rights and interests, you should have a lawyer on the scene of the crash right away. The lawyer can preserve and gather evidence, including:
- Getting photos and video of the crash scene
- Talking with witnesses
- Inspecting the tractor-trailer and other vehicles.
Additionally, most semi-trucks have a “black box” that records important crash data as well as satellite communications and GPS devices. Your lawyer should move quickly to obtain data from these devices. Additionally, your lawyer must make sure that driver cell phone records, logbooks, maintenance logs, truck inspection papers, scale receipts and bills of lading are preserved, collected and analyzed.
The longer you wait, the tougher it may be to establish your claim. So, don’t wait to get help from Burch Law Firm. We make it easy by offering free consultations. Plus, we will even meet you at your home or in the hospital if you cannot make it to our office in New Braunfels.
What Other Services Can Our Truck Accident Lawyers Provide?
At Burch Law Firm, we understand how traumatic and financially devastating truck accidents can be. We will work hard to ease your burdens and fight for maximum compensation for you. In addition to immediately taking action to investigate the accident, our experienced team of dedicated professionals will take care of other matters such as:
- Consultation with experts – Success in a truck accident case depends on leveraging all the right people. This is why we often work closely with accident reconstruction experts, engineering specialists, truck industry safety consultants, medical experts and more.
- Review of insurance coverage – In contrast to most car accident cases, a truck crash may involve multiple liable parties and sources of payment. We will identify all available insurance coverage in your case, including insurance coverage of your own.
- Analysis of medical records – We will review your medical records and consult with experts to determine the nature and severity of your injuries and the impact on your income and your ability to enjoy life. Our goal will be to fully calculate all of your damages.
- Pursuit of compensation – We will aggressively pursue all compensation you are due through negotiations with the insurance companies and, if necessary, by taking your case to trial. We are experienced litigators who will be determined to win in court.
- Resolution of your case – After you receive a settlement or verdict, your attorney may still need to do a lot more work wrap up your case, including resolving healthcare liens and other creditor claims. We will work quickly to address these matters so you can receive what you are due in as timely of a manner as possible.
Our firm understands the stress that comes with hiring a lawyer. We will try to easy your stress by provide you with an attorney who will work closely with you and pay attention to your needs. There is a reason why our law firm has more lawyers than support staff. Additionally, we will represent you on a contingency fee basis. You will pay no attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.
What Are Common Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents?
Many truck accidents result from the negligence of others, and they are entirely preventable. As our law firm has seen, some of the leading causes are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (including prescription medication)
- Driving while drowsy
- Lack of inspection and maintenance
- Failure to properly load and secure cargo
- Defective parts
We will conduct a thorough and comprehensive investigation to determine what caused your crash and to seek full accountability from those who are responsible for it.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Tractor-Trailer Accident?
Unlike a car accident, Seguin tractor-trailer accidents typically involve much more complicated facts. They also tend to involve multiple liable parties. For instance, in your case, one or more of the following may be liabile:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Truck or trailer owner or leasing company
- Freight broker
- Warehouse owner
- Manufacturer of the truck, trailer or its parts.
Whether it is an “asleep at the wheel” case involving a driver who went over his hours of service, or a complex case involving a system of company violations that led to your injuries, you can be assured that our team at Burch Law Firm will thoroughly investigate your case to find all possible sources of compensation.
How Much Compensation Can You Seek in a Seguin Truck Accident Claim?
Here are just some of the types of compensation that we may seek on your behalf in your trucking accident lawsuit:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost income (past and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Disability and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages (which may be possible in extreme cases).
If your loved one died in a truck crash, we would seek wrongful death damages such as funeral and burial expenses, loss of society and loss of support. Our goal will always be to achieve the result that fully addresses the harm that you have suffered through no fault of your own.
Get Help from Our Seguin Truck Accident Attorneys Today
Burch Law Firm has more attorneys than support staff for a reason. When you work with us, we want you to work directly with a lawyer – from your very first call. Your lawyer will know how a collision with a tractor-trailer has affected you physically, emotionally and financially and will work tirelessly to do what is right for you and your loved ones. To get started, call or reach us online today. We will provide a timely and free consultation – even a home or hospital visit – and get to work on your case right away.