Burn injuries are painful and debilitating injuries that can require many months to heal. Not only can a severe burn be physically and emotionally taxing, but it can also lead to high financial costs as well.
If you or a loved one has suffered burn injuries in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, our New Braunfels burn injury lawyers are here to help. We have experience pursuing compensation on behalf of burn victims and are prepared to apply our experience to your case. For a free confidential consultation regarding your legal options, contact the Burch Law Firm today at 830-629-0955.
Types of Burn Injuries
Burns can be caused by fires, heat sources, electrical sources, chemicals, radiation, or friction. While minor burns may only affect the outer layers of the skin, more serious burns can cause damage that requires extensive medical treatment.
Burn Injury Classification
Burns are often classified by the amount of damage they cause to the skin and to underlying tissues. The classifications for burns include:
- First degree. A dry, painful burn that affects only the outer layer of skin, and can heal without the need of medical attention.
- Second degree- Superficial. A moist burn that extends into the outer layers of the dermis. It may form blisters and can take up to three weeks to heal.
- Second degree- Deep. A moist, painful burn that reaches deep into the dermis. It forms red and white bloody blisters, may cause scarring, and may progress to a third degree burn.
- Third degree. A dry, stiff burn that reaches through the entire dermis. The burn is painless because pain sensors have been destroyed.
- Fourth degree. The most serious type of burn, which extends to the tissues beneath the skin and may require amputation.
Anyone who has suffered a burn injury should seek professional medical assistance immediately.
Burn Injury Lawsuits
When a business owner, property owner, or other individual causes dangerous conditions that lead to an injury, they may be held legally responsible for the harm that they caused. Our New Braunfels burn injury attorneys can help you hold the responsible party accountable so that you receive compensation for your injuries, including payment for:
- Medical bills
- Plastic surgery
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
Whether you have been burned in a building fire, car wreck, explosion, or other accident, we at the Burch Law Firm are dedicated to upholding your rights and advocating on your behalf. We are committed to providing the personalized legal representation that you need. If a negotiation cannot be reached in your case, we will pursue a lawsuit to recover the most favorable judgment possible.
Contact Our Burn Injury Lawyers
When you need a compassionate attorney that you can trust to steadfastly advocate on your behalf, look no further than the Burch Law Firm. If you or someone you know is suffering from a burn injury, the New Braunfels burn victims attorneys at the Burch Law Firm may be able to help you seek compensation from the party responsible for your losses. Contact a New Braunfels burn injury attorney at our office today at 830-629-0955 to begin preparing your case for compensation. Serving New Braunfels, San Marcos, Seguin, and surrounding areas.