There’s no excuse for a careless, negligent, or distracted driver to mow down a law-abiding pedestrian. Pedestrians who are hit by cars face extremely serious injuries that could result in lengthy hospitalizations, extensive rehabilitation, and a lifetime of pain and trauma. At Burch Law Firm, our dedicated New Braunfels pedestrian accident injury lawyers fight for the rights of those who have had their lives forever changed in the blink of an eye.
For more than a quarter-century, our skilled attorneys have been securing full and fair compensation for pedestrians who were hurt in auto accidents ─ even in crashes where the driver fled the scene. Throughout New Braunfels and across South-Central Texas, pedestrian accident victims have trusted our dedicated legal team because:
- Our pedestrian injury lawyers offer friendly, one-on-one service. We don’t pass your case on to a paralegal or case manager. In fact, we take pride in making ourselves personally available to our clients.
- Our attorneys have more than 25 years of experience dealing with large insurance corporations. We know how they operate and the tactics they use to try to minimize pedestrian accident claims. We will fight aggressively for the compensation you deserve, including exploring options within your own insurance coverage.
- We have a long track record of success, and we invite potential clients to review our list of verdicts and settlements.
- Our team is sensitive to your needs after an accident. We offer a free case review, and we can meet with you in the evening or over the weekend, whenever you need us.
If are coping with serious injuries after being hit by a car or other vehicle, do not put off talking to our knowledgeable New Braunfels pedestrian accident injury lawyers. An insurance company may have already approached you with a settlement offer, but you should not sign your rights away before talking to us.
Schedule a free consultation now to learn what types of compensation you may be entitled to and how we can help.
Texas Pedestrian Laws
Under Texas statutes section 552.008, drivers have three duties when it comes to pedestrians in the roadways. First, drivers have the duty to exercise care to avoid hitting a pedestrian. This means that drivers need to do what they can to avoid an auto-pedestrian accident if the person is in the road.
Second, drivers have a duty to warn pedestrians in the road of the car’s presence. This includes using the horn if necessary to tell people that a car is nearby. Finally, drivers must use proper precautions if they encounter pedestrians that are incapacitated, obviously confused or a child. These individuals may be erratic and drivers should anticipate that.
When a Texas driver fails to uphold that driver’s duties while on the roadway and an injury occurs, the injured party may be able to take legal action. With the right help, a personal injury suit could help a car accident victim obtain compensation. While this post is purely informational, Texas pedestrian accident lawyer can help to provide specific legal advice to pedestrians that have been injured in a car accident.
How Our Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Can Help You
When a car, truck, or motorcycle runs down a pedestrian, the results can be devastating. Yet, the driver’s insurance company may try to push you into accepting a settlement that seems like a drop in the bucket compared to what you’re facing in long-term damages.
The skilled New Braunfels pedestrian accident lawyers at Burch Law Firm have extensive experience negotiating full and fair settlements and winning courtroom verdicts. We work hard to take the burden off you so you can focus on healing from your injuries, not fighting with insurance companies. You can count on our dedicated attorneys to:
- Manage all communications with the at-fault party and insurance companies so you don’t feel pressured to make decisions when you are at your most vulnerable
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the crash, including working with an accident reconstruction specialist, to determine who was at fault and should be held accountable
- Collect all of your medical records and consult with medical and financial experts to determine how this injury will affect you into the future
- Aggressively negotiate with insurance companies and argue your case before a judge and jury if that’s what’s needed to demand maximum compensation
Schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation to discuss the details of your pedestrian accident claim. Call or fill out our online form today.
If you can’t afford to pay attorneys’ fees upfront, do not worry about that. Our firm doesn’t charge to get started on your case, and we don’t collect attorneys’ fees unless and until we win compensation for you.
Compensation After a Pedestrian Accident Injury
When faced with a serious injury after a pedestrian accident, you need an attorney who will do a comprehensive evaluation of the ways this injury has affected you in order to demand full and fair compensation in your case.
Assuming the driver of the vehicle that hit you has been identified, our New Braunfels pedestrian accident injury lawyer may demand:
- Payment for medical bills, including those you may incur in the future
- Compensation for lost income and your diminished earning capacity if you are no longer able to perform the work you once did
- Awards for the physical, emotional, and psychological pain and suffering the crash caused you
- Punitive damages, which are meant to punish the at-fault party for extreme misconduct
If you were struck by a hit-and-run driver, and the at-fault party cannot be found, our pedestrian accident attorneys can identify:
- Any compensation options that may be available through your auto insurance policy. This could include uninsured motorist (UM) or underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage.
No matter your situation, you can expect that insurance companies will do everything in their power to keep from paying the maximum amount on a claim. That’s why you need the experienced New Braunfels pedestrian accident lawyers at Burch Law Firm to stand up for your rights and demand the compensation you deserve.
Schedule a free case consultation now to learn how our dedicated legal team can make a difference in your case.
What to Do If You Have Been Hit by a Car
After a serious crash, you should focus first on your health. But you should also know what to do to protect your legal right to compensation.
See a doctor as soon as possible, even if you feel fine. Follow the doctor’s orders exactly, and keep all follow-up appointments.
Call law enforcement. Officers should file a crash report that can be used as evidence in your case.
Ask someone to take photos of the scene for you, including the vehicle involved, related street signs, and your injuries.
If you can, get the names and contact information for witnesses. People who saw the crash can help explain what happened.
Do not give any recorded statements. An insurance company may try to use any statements you make against you. It is better to let an experienced attorney deal with the insurance company.
Consult with an experienced New Braunfels pedestrian accident injury attorney. Our team will conduct an independent investigation into the crash and keep detailed documentation on the damages you suffered as a result.
Call or fill out our online form now to schedule a free case consultation, and learn how our attorneys will stand strong for your rights during this difficult time.