As “The Jewel” of Texas Hill Country, Canyon Lake is a beautiful place to live, work and play. Still, auto accidents can happen here and in other parts of Comal County. In fact, more than 2,000 crashes occur in the county each year, on average, according to the Texas Department of Transportation.
If you recently suffered injuries in a car accident in Canyon Lake through no fault of your own, you should seek help immediately from the experienced and highly dedicated accident attorneys at Burch Law Firm. We will bring more than a quarter century of legal experience to your case and a thorough understanding of what it takes to investigate claims and pursue maximum compensation for you. Above all, we will give you the close attention that you deserve. We have more lawyers than support staff at our law firm for a reason. We want to work directly with our clients.
To learn more about how we can help you after a car accident in Canyon Lake, call or reach us online today. We can provide a free consultation at our office – any day of the week – or schedule a home or hospital visit.
What Should You Do After an Auto Accident in Canyon Lake?
If you have never been involved in an accident before, then you can easily make mistakes that endanger your health and potentially harm your ability to recover full and fair compensation. That’s why we suggest that you take these steps after a Canyon Lake car accident:
- See a doctor. If you wait too long to get medical treatment, your injuries may only grow worse. You will also give the insurance company an opening to argue that your injuries did not occur in the crash, or they are not severe. See your personal doctor or visit a hospital as soon as you can.
- Collect everything. Keep any photos or other information you collected at the crash scene, including witness names and phone numbers. Gather your medical bills, car repair bills and receipts of all other accident-related expenses. You should also hold on to any letters or e-mails that you receive from the insurance companies.
- Order a copy of crash report. If a few days have passed since your accident, you should be able to get a copy of the crash report from the law enforcement agency that investigated it such as:Comal County Sheriff’s Office
Texas Highway Patrol Division.
You can also go online to order a copy of the crash report.
- Write down everything you recall. While details from the crash are still fresh in your mind, you should write them down. Your notes will help you to recount those details at a later stage as you pursue compensation.
- Report the accident to your own insurance company. You must comply with any reporting requirements in your auto insurance policy. You can stick to the facts. Do not offer any opinions about who was at fault. By reporting the crash, you will preserve your right to file a claim with your insurer.
- Refer the other driver’s insurance company to our law office. If the other driver’s insurance company contacts you and asks you to give a statement, grant access to your medical records or accept a settlement offer, simply refer the insurer to us. You don’t want to say or do anything that results in you getting less than what you deserve.