For more than two decades, the personal injury attorneys of Burch Law Firm have protected the rights of accident victims and their families in the Canyon Lake area and communities throughout Central Texas.
We provide our clients with a highly personalized service that you would expect from a small-town law firm. At the same time, we bring the seasoned trial practices and resources that you would expect from a big-city firm.
If another person’s careless or reckless conduct caused you to suffer a serious injury or the loss of a loved one, contact us today and receive a free and confidential consultation. We will listen to what happened to you and discuss how we can help you to seek full and fair compensation.
If you cannot come to our office in nearby New Braunfels, we will go to you. A professional and compassionate personal injury lawyer from Burch Law Firm can meet with you at your home or at a facility such as Resolute Health Hospital.
We can also meet with you at night or during the weekend. We want to make it as convenient for you as possible.
Our Canyon Lake, TX Personal Injury Practice Areas
The attorneys of Burch Law Firm have the experience that it takes to represent clients in a broad range of accident and injury cases in Canyon Lake, including boating accidents and other recreational activity accidents that occur on or around “The Jewel” of Texas Hill Country. We know how to tackle issues that different types of cases present and build the strongest claim possible on behalf of our clients. We also work with clients in cases that involve:
No matter what type of accident your case involves, you can count on our legal team to work with you one-on-one, carefully evaluate the merits of your case and help you to understand and explore all legal options that are available to you.
What Should You Do After an Auto Accident in Canyon Lake, Texas?
Canyon Lake is located in Comal County in close proximity to major cities such as Austin, San Marcos and San Antonio. It boasts a strong economic base and offers a wide array of attractions and activities, from floating along the Guadalupe River to playing a round of golf at the popular Canyon Lake Golf Course. However, being a popular destination can have drawbacks.
Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) figures show that the number of traffic crashes in Comal County spiked in recent years. Between 2012 and 2014, for instance, an average of 1,998 traffic crashes occurred each year in Comal.
However, in 2015 and 2016, the average jumped to 2,199 per year, or an increase of 201 accidents per year.
Even if you are a safe driver in Canyon Lake, you always face the risk of another negligent driver crashing into you. If you get involved in an auto accident in Canyon Lake, the attorneys of Burch Law Firm suggest that you take these steps:
- Gather information. If possible, you or a family member should try to get contact, license, and insurance information from the other driver(s) involved in the crash. You should also try to take photos of the accident scene, get witness contact information and save all bills, receipts, and other items related to the crash.
- Get medical attention. If you are not taken to the hospital right away, you should see a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. You need to get checked for injuries and started on a course of treatment.
- Order a copy of your crash report. You can go to the local law enforcement agency that responded to your crash such as the Comal County Sheriff’s Office, or you can go online and order a copy through TxDOT.
- Speak with a lawyer. You have only a limited amount of time in Texas after an accident in which to file a legal claim. So, to protect your rights, consult with an experienced Canyon Lake car accident attorney as soon as you are ready to take action.
- Tell the insurance company to call your lawyer. If an auto insurance company contacts you after your crash, you should avoid giving any statement or access to your medical records until you speak with a lawyer first. Before you accept it, allow the lawyer to review any settlement offer that you receive. Instead of getting harassed by the insurance company, you can simply refer the insurer to your attorney.
- Stay away from social media. You can bet that the insurance company will try to use anything you post to your social media accounts against you. The best practice is to avoid discussing your accident on social media until your case is over. You may wish to stay off your social media accounts altogether while your case is pending.
If you have any questions about what you should do after an accident in Canyon Lake, contact Burch Law Firm. We will help you to avoid costly mistakes and provide the advice and aggressive legal representation you need during a difficult time.
Our Canyon Lake Accident and Injury Lawyers Are Ready to Help You
Our attorneys outnumber our support staff at Burch Law Firm. There’s a reason for that: We want our attorneys to serve as the “front line” in every case. When you work with our law firm, you will talk directly with an experienced and compassionate attorney from your very first meeting through the end of your case. This direct connection with our clients helps us to know our clients and understand how an accident and injury has affected their lives.
We are ready to provide a highly personalized representation that you deserve. To learn more:
- Review our record of results
- Read testimonials from our past clients
- Contact us today to discuss your case.
We will provide a free consultation, and we will not charge you for our services unless we secure the verdict or judgment you deserve.