Whether you are riding a bike as part of your daily commute, exercise routine, or just for fun, negligent drivers can pose a serious hazard. Although cyclists have a responsibility to obey all traffic laws, no amount of safety precautions can protect you from a dangerous motorist.
At the Burch Law Firm, our New Braunfels bicycle accident lawyers are committed to fighting for the rights of cyclists. For more than 25 years, our attorneys have been securing full and fair compensation for people who were hurt in serious bicycle accidents and need a strong advocate on their side.
As proud natives of South Central Texas, our attorneys have earned an outstanding reputation by consistently providing:
- Friendly, one-on-one service that people appreciate from a local law firm
- Aggressive negotiation tactics and skilled litigation strategies that clients look for in a big-city firm
- Successful verdicts and settlements in all types of personal injury cases
- Free case consultations, along with evening and weekend appointments to make pursuing compensation as easy as possible
Texas motorists have a duty to share the road with bicyclists. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to a driver’s negligence, let our New Braunfels bicycle accident lawyers fight for the compensation you need to get your life back. Contact us now to schedule a free can consultation, and learn how we can make a difference for you.
Types of Compensation We Fight for in Bike Wreck Cases
When a car, truck, or other vehicle collides with a bicyclist, the injuries can be devastating ─ and costly. Beyond the initial bills for hospital care or doctor’s visits, an injured cyclist may need extensive rehabilitative care and a significant amount of time off work to heal.
Our compassionate New Braunfels bicycle accident attorneys have helped countless bike wreck victims throughout South-Central Texas. We understand how drastically your life can change due to a bike accident injury, and we are committed to thoroughly documenting exactly how much compensation you deserve. Depending on the circumstances of your case, our attorneys may demand:
- Payment for medical bills, including the costs of medications and assistive mobility devices, as well as compensation for future medical bills related to your injury
- Compensation for lost wages, factoring in whether your future earning capacity has been affected by your injury
- Property damages, which may include repairing or replacing your bike
- Payment for pain and suffering, to account for the emotional and physical affects this injury has had on your life
- Punitive damages, to punish the at-fault part in cases involving extreme misconduct
If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt in a bicycle accident and needs to discuss your legal rights, contact our dedicated New Braunfels bike wreck lawyers today. Call or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free case consultation, and let us review all your options for pursuing compensation.
Common Causes of Bike Accidents in South Texas
Although cyclists can be at fault for accidents, oftentimes these crashes are caused by reckless, careless, or even malicious drivers who don’t respect bicyclists’ right to use the road. Motorists have a responsibility to safely share the road with bicyclists, and failure to drive carefully can lead to serious or even fatal accidents.
Common causes of bicycle accidents include:
- Turning left into a cyclist in the opposite lane who has the right-of-way
- Turning right into a cyclist who is going straight
- Failing to leave at least three feet of space between the car and the bicycle
- Driving or parking in a designated bike lane
- Opening a door into the path of an oncoming bike
- Throwing objects, shouting obscenities, or otherwise behaving threateningly
- Failing to yield to bikes at intersections
- Poorly maintained roads (with potholes or obstructions)
In a collision between a car and a bike, the cyclist almost always suffers far more serious injuries than the motorist. Cyclists should always wear helmets and use lights at night, but many aspects of accident prevention are the responsibility of the driver.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a bicycle accident caused by someone else’s negligent behavior, you should know your rights. Let the New Braunfels bicycle accident attorneys at the Burch Law Firm evaluate your case for free, with no obligation, to explain all your options for pursuing compensation.
Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
Just due to the sheer difference in weight, bicyclists are extremely vulnerable to injury in a collision with a motor vehicle. No helmet, padding, or special clothing could protect a person on a bike from getting slammed by a 4,000-pound passenger car, let alone a truck or large commercial vehicle. Some of the common injuries that bicyclists suffer in crashes include:
- Broken bones or fractures
- Head or traumatic brain injuries
- Back or spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Bruises, cuts, or scrapes such as road rash
Even in cases where the bicyclist feels fine immediately after the crash, injuries such as whiplash and internal bleeding can reveal themselves over time. That’s why our experienced New Braunfels bicycle accident attorneys always urge crash victims to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Let Our New Braunfels Bike Accident Lawyers Fight for You
If you are coping with serious injuries after a wreck, an insurance company may already have approached you with a bike accident settlement offer. Do not sign anything without speaking to one of the knowledgeable bike accident attorneys at the Burch Law Firm.
We have spent decades holding large insurance companies accountable, and we will not let them pressure you into taking a lowball offer without understanding all of your legal options. You can trust that our skilled legal team will:
- Thoroughly investigate your bike wreck to determine exactly what happened
- Identify all the parties that could be held accountable for compensating you
- Call on our large network of experts to build a solid claim
- Negotiate aggressively and take your case to court if that’s what’s necessary to fight for maximum compensation for your injuries
Call or fill out our online form now to schedule a free, no-obligation case consultation. And you don’t need to worry about paying anything upfront to get started on your case. In fact, our firm does not charge attorneys’ fees unless and until we win compensation for you.