Whether you are traveling on I-10, traveling on a busy major road such as Highway 46 or Highway 123 or simply driving down a seemingly quiet neighborhood street, you can encounter negligent drivers in Seguin. If one of these drivers causes a car accident that injures you, then you have a right to demand full and fair compensation. Choosing the right lawyer to handle your case will be an important decision.
When you contact Burch Law Firm, you will talk with a lawyer – not a paralegal or staff member – who will listen to what you have to say about your car accident and advise you of all of your options. If you choose our legal team to handle your Seguin car accident case, we will immediately go to work on pursuing maximum compensation for you. At the same time, we will focus on your unique needs and goals and give you the highly personalized attention that you deserve from your lawyer.
To get started, contact us today. We can provide a free consultation. If you can’t come to us – we will visit you at your home, the hospital or wherever is most convenient for you in Seguin.
Types of Car Accidents
The attorneys of Burch Law Firm have more than 25 years of experience with helping car accident victims and their families in Seguin and surrounding areas in Texas. Our background allows us to handle many different types of car accident cases. We can take on cases which involve motorcycles, tractor-trailers, pedestrians and bicyclists. We also know how to tackle the issues in cases such as:
- Speeding Accidents
- Reckless Driving Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Hit-and-Run Accidents
- Uninsured Motorist Accidents
- Car Defects
- Road Conditions and Hazards
- Rear-End Collisions
- Teen Driver Accidents
- Elderly Driver Accidents.
Every case is different. The ability to recover compensation – and the amount of compensation – depends on many different factors. It requires establishing another party’s fault and identifying all sources of compensation. That is why you should speak with a lawyer from Burch Law Firm. The lawyer can review the specific facts and circumstances in your case and pursue the options available to you.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Our attorneys also understand how car accident injuries can change the lives of victims and their family members. Suddenly, you may face a pile of medical bills and the inability to work. You may also be in a great deal of pain from your injuries and experiencing emotional distress. Burch Law Firm can help you to get through those challenges, including working with medical bill collectors on your behalf while we pursue your claim. We understand the medical and legal issues in cases which involve:
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Internal Bleeding
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
The attorneys of Burch Law Firm also work with families in Seguin who have lost a loved one due to the negligence of other drivers. We know how no amount of money can make for the loss of a family member. However, a wrongful death lawsuit can help surviving family members to pursue justice and secure funds that will help them as they move forward.
Compensation After a Seguin Car Accident
The lawyers of Burch Law Firm have achieved successful results for clients throughout Texas in a wide range of car accident cases. The amount we pursue on behalf of a client will depend on the nature and extent of his or her damages. The potential damages we can seek include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of future income due to a disability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium.
In certain types of cases, punitive damages may be available as well. These damages are not meant to compensate victims but to punish and deter those who engage in exceptional misconduct.
How Our Lawyers Can Help You
At Burch Law Firm, your lawyer can handle everything in your car accident case, from start to finish. For instance, the lawyer can communicate with insurance companies on your behalf, handle your property damage claim and investigate your crash to determine why it happened and who was at fault. The lawyer can also gather and analyze your medical records and review your injuries with doctors and other medical professionals.
We work hard on preparing cases at Burch Law Firm. Our preparation gives us leverage when we discuss settlements with insurance companies. It also allows us to put on the strongest case possible in the court room if a trial is what it takes to pursue full and fair compensation for our clients.
Throughout a case, we keep our clients informed. We know how important their case is to them. We are always available to give updates and answer a client’s questions. We give our clients our full attention and treat them with the respect and courtesy they deserve.
We represent car accident clients in Seguin and surrounding areas on a contingency fee basis. So, if you work with our law firm, you will pay nothing unless we secure compensation for you.
Steps You Can Take After a Car Accident in Seguin
As you move forward after an auto accident in Seguin, make sure that you take as many of the following steps as possible:
- Focus on your health. You should get medical attention as soon as you can. The longer you wait to see a doctor after a crash, the greater risk you take with your health. A delay may also affect your potential injury claim.
- Get a copy of your crash report. You can order a copy from the law enforcement agency which filed it such as the Seguin Police Department or Guadalupe Sheriff’s Office. You can also go online to get a copy.
- Keep all crash-related information. Hold on to your photos, witness contact information, medical bills, car repair receipts, auto insurance policy and other items related to your accident.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. You should make sure to report your crash to your own insurer. Your policy may require it. You will protect your right to file a claim with the insurer later on if one is necessary.
- Talk with us before you talk with the other driver’s insurance company. You should not give a recorded statement or accept a settlement offer until you speak with a lawyer first. Your lawyer, not the insurance company, will be out to protect your rights and interests.
Contact Our Seguin Car Accident Attorneys Today
If you suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a car accident in Seguin, Burch Law Firm will provide the friendly service and determined legal representation that you need. To learn more, call or connect with us online today. We will give a free consultation about your case.