If you recently suffered injury in Schertz due to someone else’s negligence, the personal injury lawyers at Burch Law Firm want to help you. We know how injuries can create a variety of challenges, including paying for medical bills and dealing with the inability to work. For more than 25 years, we have dedicated ourselves to helping people to overcome their injury-related challenges and pursuing the compensation they are due.
Contact us today to learn more about your rights and options. We can provide a free consultation about your case. When you call our office, you will speak to an attorney – not just a member of our support staff. If you can’t make it to our office for an in-person visit, we will come to you – in the evening, over the weekend, in your hospital room or in your living room.
Why Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
When someone acts in a careless or reckless manner, and it results in harm to someone else’s person or property, then the victim has a right to seek compensation. Because of this risk of liability, most people and companies carry insurance to cover potential harms that may occur. For instance, drivers carry auto insurance to make sure if they accidentally hurt someone, they are not left exposed financially. Corporations usually carry insurance for the same reason to cover things like slip and fall injuries that can take place on their premises.
When you suffer injury due to someone else’s negligence, insurance companies will see you as a risk. They will immediately go to work looking for ways to avoid paying you or to pay as little as possible in order to resolve your claim. This often means putting considerable obstacles in your way. While some insurance company tactics are legal, others are questionable. This is why having an experienced personal injury attorney at your side can make a major difference in the outcome of your case.
How Can Our Schertz Injury Attorneys Help You?
When you call Burch Law Firm about your case, we will begin by getting to know you. We always strive to have you meet with an attorney as soon as possible for an initial consultation. We will ask you questions about how and where your injury took place and other pertinent details about your injury. This is not a sales meeting. Instead, it is an opportunity for you to speak with a knowledgeable professional about your case. We never charge people for these meetings, because we know an injury can disrupt your life. We want to make it as easy as possible for our clients to get real answers to their questions from day one.
Next, if we determine that we can help you, we will get to work on your case by investigating your injury, speaking with witnesses and gathering crucial medical evidence to support your case. Then, we will handle the entire process of negotiating with insurance companies, medical collections companies and even resolving liens from Medicare, Medicaid or your private health insurance.
Today, most cases are resolved through the settlement process rather than by going to trial. However, if going to trial is what it takes to reach your goals, we will be prepared. You can be assured that our highly skilled and experienced trial lawyers at Burch Law Firm will know how to fight for you.
Our Schertz Personal Injury Practice Areas
At Burch Law Firm, we are well-equipped to handle just about any type of injury case in and around Schertz. Here is a brief list of the types of personal injury cases that our attorneys handle:
- Auto Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Crashes
- Pedestrian Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Commercial Accidents and Litigation
- Dog Bites and Animal Attacks
- Oil Field Injuries
- Wrongful Death Cases
Don’t see your specific injury or accident case listed? That’s OK. We can speak with you about your case to see if we can help you. The sooner you speak with an attorney, the sooner you can get answers to your questions and find out your options. Call the Burch Law Firm today to get started with a free consultation.
Steps You Should Take After You Suffer an Injury in Schertz
Your personal injury case begins with the steps you take in the hours and days immediately following your injury. Here are a few of the most critical steps:
- Get medical attention immediately. Far too many people believe they can tough it out and just get through the pain. This is the wrong thing to do for two important reasons. First, you will be left to suffer with your injuries, not knowing what underlying condition may be causing it or what treatment will help you to get better. Second, the longer you wait, the harder it will be to prove that your accident caused your injury. If you wait a long time before you get medical attention, the insurance company will almost certainly argue that something else caused your injury.
- Stay off social media. It can be tempting to post pictures and comments online about your injury. Resist this temptation. Everything you post online becomes public, even if you think you are posting it privately. Insurance companies will try to use that information against you.
- Do not speak to insurance representatives. Not surprisingly, the more serious the injury, the faster adjusters and claims reps will begin calling you. They are not typically looking to help. They may sound helpful, but their goal is to find ways to try to deny you any compensation or pay you as little as possible. Speak to a personal injury attorney in Schertz first before you give a recorded statement to an insurance company or accept a settlement offer.
- Contact a lawyer. The sooner you contact a personal injury lawyer to assist with your case in Schertz, the sooner we can get to work on protecting your rights and interests and preparing your injury claim.
Our Schertz Personal Injury Lawyers Are Ready to Help You
For help after a personal injury in and around Schertz, contact Burch Law Firm. We focus our practice solely on helping injured people to pursue the compensation they deserve. Don’t delay. Time is limited for you to take action, and if you miss the applicable deadline, your rights will be forever lost. So, call or reach us online today to get started with a free consultation.