With its location in the heart of Texas within the Austin-San Antonio corridor, San Marcos has become a major hub of manufacturing and distribution, including being the site of an Amazon distribution center. As a result, heavy truck traffic continues to increase in the area. All too often, these massive 18-wheelers cause serious or even fatal crashes, leaving victims and their families with devastating injuries, expensive medical bills and life-altering complications.
If you have been involved in a trucking accident, or if you lost a loved one in a tractor-trailer crash, you should seek help right away from Burch Law Firm. We have more than a quarter of a century of experience with handling these complex cases for clients in San Marcos and throughout South Central Texas, including:
- $1,210,000 settlement on behalf of a diesel mechanic who suffered leg and foot injuries from a head-on collision
- $716,666.67 settlement on behalf of an 18-wheeler driver who suffered neck injuries in a collision in San Antonio.
Get help with your injury case. Contact Burch Law Firm today to speak with an experienced and caring attorney who will help you understand your rights and fight for compensation for your injuries.
Why Get Help from a San Marcos Truck Accident Lawyer Right Away?
A trucking crash often results in much more severe injuries than in a regular car accident case. Big trucking companies will move quickly to conceal evidence and hide their negligence. A trucking company may even begin to repair a truck to hide evidence of the crash, “lose” maintenance logs or destroy in-cab electronic recorder data. Often, big trucking companies and their insurance companies will send investigators to the site within minutes of a crash to start interviewing witnesses and collecting information.
When you have been seriously injured or lost a loved one in truck, you deserve a fast-acting and experienced truck accident lawyer, who can protect your interests. At Burch Law Firm, we will swiftly and aggressively investigate your case by collecting evidence, talking to witnesses, and gathering your medical records. We will work hard to negotiate a fair and just settlement. If the trucking company won’t listen to reason, you can rest easy, knowing that you have a team of experienced trial lawyers who will fight for you in the courtroom.
What Other Services Can Our Truck Accident Lawyers Provide?
In addition to conducting an investigation, Burch Law Firm will handle:
Consultation with experts. In complex cases, we frequently consult with specialized crash reconstruction engineers and medical experts in order to build a stronger case for our clients.
Review of insurance coverage. Most large trucking companies are self-insured or carry large commercial policies. However, in some situations, more than one type of coverage may be available. We carefully search for all sources of compensation.
Analysis of medical records. The key to any injury claim is proving that the accident caused your injuries, and then proving the severity of those injuries. We will work closely with experts to review and understand your medical records in order to build your case and prove your injuries.
Pursuit of compensation. We know that most clients want a swift and fair settlement. We will fight to pursue the compensation you deserve, whether by settlement or trial.
Resolution of your case. Burch Law Firm prides itself on not only pursuing outstanding results but also doing so promptly and efficiently.
We pay close attention to each of our clients, following their medical treatment and listening to them in order to understand their injuries. We have more attorneys than staff at Burch Law Firm for a reason – we want you to work directly with your lawyer from day-one. We believe this is the best way to develop a relationship of trust, respect and confidence.
What Are Common Causes of Semi-Truck Accidents?
Some of the more common causes of truck accidents in San Marcos are as follows:
- Distracted driving. Cell phones, texting, talking to others in the truck, reading maps or messing with controls are all types of distractions that can cause truck drivers to lose control of their rigs.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs (including prescription medications). All CDL drivers must have a regular DOT physical. They are supposed to declare prescription medications, but not all of them do. Even though the laws are extremely strict regarding drunk or impaired driving for commercial vehicle drivers, some truck drivers still take chances with their lives and the lives of others.
- Driving while drowsy or fatigued. Drowsy driving happens when truck drivers do not get the necessary rest time or attempt to falsify their logs in order to run more hours each day. Greedy companies often create dangerous incentives for drivers to do this. In doing so, they put you and your loved ones at risk.
- Lack of inspection and maintenance. Whether it is to save time or increase profits, drivers and their companies often cut corners on conducting inspections, weighing trucks or performing routine repairs and maintenance.
- Failure to properly load and secure cargo. A poorly loaded trailer or unevenly distributed cargo can make a truck and trailer combination difficult to steer or stop.
- Defective truck or trailer parts. Some companies will use outdated or worn parts. In some cases, trucking companies have used trailers with tires and brakes that are so far beyond their useful life that they are not even serviceable.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a San Marcos 18-Wheeler Accident?
When you work closely with a truck accident attorney in San Marcos, you may be able to obtain compensation from those responsible. Depending on the facts of your case, the following parties may be liable for your injuries:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Truck or trailer owner or leasing company
- Freight broker
- Warehouse owner
- Manufacturer of the truck, trailer or its parts.
How Much Compensation Can You Seek in a Truck Accident Claim?
The law allows you to seek compensation for the following types of damages in Texas, depending on the nature and extent of your injuries:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost income (past and future)
- Pain and suffering
- Disability and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages (often available in cases of extreme misconduct).
Get Help from Our San Marcos Truck Accident Attorneys Today
If you face mounting medical bills and lost income from a serious truck accident in San Marcos or any of the surrounding areas in Texas, contact Burch Law Firm today. Our team of experienced attorneys will quickly get to work on resolving your claim. Our consultations are free, and we only take a fee if we succeed at getting you compensated for your injuries. Don’t delay. Time may be limited for you to recover for your injuries. So, call us today.