With its rolling hills, towering cypress trees and classical buildings, Texas State University is a beautiful place to live, study and play. However, like any college, accidents can happen on the TSU campus. They can also occur in the area surrounding the school in San Marcos. In many cases, these accidents result from the negligent or intentional wrongdoing of others.
If you are a Texas State University student who recently suffered injuries due to another’s wrongful conduct, contact Burch Law Firm today and receive a free consultation about your case. From your very first call, you will work directly with a lawyer who will focus on how your injuries have affected your health and your ability to pursue your education and career.
Highly personalized, professional client service is a hallmark of our law firm located in nearby New Braunfels. We take a hands-on approach to practicing the law, vigorously protect our clients’ rights and pursue all funds they are due. Call or reach us online today to learn more about how we can help you.
What Are Common Accidents on Campuses like Texas State?
The attorneys of Burch Law Firm have more than a quarter century of experience with helping personal injury victims and their families in Central Texas, including students from Texas State University. We know the types of accidents that can occur on or near college campuses such as:
- Car crashes involving students who were walking or riding their bikes
- Falls due to slippery floors, broken stairs, torn or frayed carpeting, holes in the ground, poor lighting and other dangerous property conditions
- Assaults due to inadequate security in buildings, parking lots, garages and apartment complexes
- Sports-related injuries such as concussions due to a lack of proper equipment and supervision of an activity
- Hazing injuries – often involving alcohol poisoning – due to the university’s lack of monitoring of clubs and fraternities, or “Greek life”
- Injuries caused by the delayed response to a medical emergency.
We know that no amount of money can turn back the clock and erase the trauma that students must face after they are injured through no fault of their own. We also know how families feel the impact of an accident – especially if they must provide constant care to their injured child.
At Burch Law Firm, we focus on the future. We will fight for every cent of compensation that you are entitled to receive. We want to help you to get the care and treatment that you need and to move on with your life.
Legal Options for Injured TSU Students
If you or a loved one is a student who suffered an injury on or near the Texas State campus, our law firm will thoroughly investigate your case. Our goal will be to determine why the accident happened. We will also work hard to identify all parties who should be held responsible such as:
- A negligent driver who caused a crash (and possibly the driver’s employer)
- Other students who engaged in negligent or intentional wrongdoing
- The university if, for instance, an accident occurred due to the school’s failure to maintain property in a safe condition or to provide proper equipment, facilities, supervision or security
- Individual clubs and organizations and, in some cases, their local, state and/or national sponsors
- The owners and operators of off-campus locations where an accident and injury occurred such as bars, clubs and apartment complexes.
Burch Law Firm can help you to pursue claims against all responsible parties and seek the compensation you are due. That compensation could include past and future medical expenses, lost income and/or diminished future earning ability, pain, suffering and more. Although we often secure compensation for our clients through settlements, we will be prepared to present the strongest case possible on your behalf at trial.
How Our Lawyers Can Help Injured College Students
Our attorneys understand the challenges that college students and their families face after an accident. We want you to focus on your health and on doing your best to resume your education. Meanwhile, we will focus on your legal claim and pursue the maximum amount of compensation for you.
When you work with Burch Law Firm, we will:
- Deal with the insurance companies for you so you do not feel pressured to give information to the insurer or agree to a settlement
- File all required paperwork, including claims with the insurance company and legal documents in court
- Conduct a complete investigation of your case, including reviewing your medical records to determine the nature and extent of your injuries
- Consult with medical and financial experts to determine your damages
- Aggressively pursue all compensation you are due through settlement negotiations or by presenting your case in the courtroom
- Keep you informed throughout your case.
As our law firm does with all of our personal injury clients, we represent injured college students on a contingency fee basis. So, you will pay no legal fees unless we secure a verdict or settlement on your behalf.
Contact Our Texas State University Injury Attorneys
If you suffered an injury in an accident of any kind at Texas State University or in the surrounding area in San Marcos, make sure to get medical attention right away. You need to get checked for injuries and started on a course of treatment as early as possible.
You should also contact Burch Law Firm without delay and discuss your case with one of our attorneys in a free consultation. We can meet you at our New Braunfels office or at the home or hospital – whichever is most convenient for you. Based on your needs, we can also meet you in the evening or on the weekend.
During the consultation, you can learn more about the legal options available to you, and you can also get to know more about our law firm. As you will see, we are committed to providing one-on-one attention to our clients and working hard to pursue the best results possible for them.